Faculty and Undergraduate Affiliates
Institute Affiliates are provided with support for research and a space for cross-disciplinary discussion with Fellows and visitors.
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR 2016-2017 AFFILIATES HAS PASSED
Why be an Affiliate?
- Meet faculty and doctoral students working in the humanities from a variety of departments and programs
- Faculty Affiliates receive $1,000 in research funds
- Undergraduate Affiliates receive a stipend of $200 per quarter
- Undergraduate Affiliates work collaboratively to create the Institute's blog
- Participate regularly in Institute programming
- Enjoy the Wednesday Lunch Colloquia
- FACULTY affiliateships are open to all faculty members of all ranks working in the humanities from any school within Northwestern
- UNDERGRADUATE affiliateships are open to all undergraduates from any school within Northwestern
- Affiliates cannot be scheduled to teach or take classes on Wednesdays at noon, the time of the Institute's Lunch Colloquia
- Preference is given to those who have not previously held an affiliateship
- Previous affiliates must wait three years before reapplying
A Humanities Council committee makes the final selections based on the originality, quality and importance of the research project; the applicant's perceived ability to participate in collegial interaction; and a need to insure distribution across rank and department.