Artist in Residence Application
Application Deadline: Friday, January 12, 2018
The Kaplan Institute for the Humanities is glad to open the call for Artists in Residence for the 2018-19 academic years. Artists typically come for an entire quarter and must interact with the campus community, as well as work on a project of their choosing. (Further details are included in the Application Form; see #3, below.) All applications for Kaplan Artists in Residence must come directly from a Northwestern faculty member and must have the direct support of the sponsoring department’s chair.
Online Application Instructions1. Please prepare PDFs of all required documents (see list below) before proceeding to the online application portal, as you will not be able to save an incomplete application.
2. In the application portal, please complete the Official Contact Information and Academic Information sections.
3. Application Documents Section: Please upload the following documents into the portal fields indicated in parentheses. Documents must be submitted as PDFs (including the completed application form) and file names should not contain parentheses, quotation marks, or other similar characters.
- Completed application form (Upload as Cover Letter).
- Artist’s cv (upload as Curriculum Vitae)
- Artist’s statement (1-2 pages) (upload as Brief Personal Statement)
- Statement of intent describing what your department hopes to accomplish through this residency and how this artist would contribute to the northwestern and humanities community (1-2 pages) (upload as Additional Materials)
- Sample of work (as a single pdf with 3-10 samples, or a document with urls to the samples) (upload as Publication List)
- Sample of recent publications and/or publicity (optional) (upload as Recent Publication #1, #2, #3)
4. Chair Approval: To indicate the approval of the sponsoring department/program chair, please forward email correspondence signaling the approval—or request the chair to email their approval directly—to Rosie Roche (firstname.lastname@example.org), Northwestern Arts Manager.
Application Portal Link:
Click this link to submit your materials via the online application portal: https://facultysearch.weinberg.northwestern.edu/apply/index/MjU5
Please email Rosie Roche at email@example.com.Back to top