Apply for a Co-Sponsorship
The Kaplan Institute aims to support new humanities conversations on campus, and we invite Northwestern faculty and graduate students to apply for funding for humanities-related programming that benefits the Northwestern community. Applications are accepted twice a year: once during Fall quarter, and once at the end of Winter quarter.
The 2019-2020 co-sponsorship application deadlines are:
- Thursday, October 10, 2019
- Thursday, March 5, 2020
We are interested in supporting proposals that engage participants from different spheres (i.e., students and faculty; multiple departments and disciplines). We are also interested in 1) interdisciplinary events that would likely not receive enough funding in a single department or program; or 2) very high-impact disciplinary events that will strengthen the humanities in general.
Criteria for Kaplan co-sponsorship:
- Events must engage a range of audiences, units, and disciplines; those programs that exclusively appeal to a single department or discipline are not recommended for Kaplan co-sponsorship
- Kaplan will ordinarily contribute a maximum of 25% of any program or event's total budget; we cannot fund the entire budget
- Except in rare instances, events should take place on campus and be easily accessible to the Northwestern community
- Travel to conferences and student trips abroad are not eligible for funding
We have limited funds available for humanities events spearheaded by undergraduate students who are affiliated with the Kaplan Humanities Institute. Please contact Jill Mannor if you are an affiliated undergraduate interested in applying for event co-sponsorship.
Click here to access the co-sponsorship application instructions.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to top