How to Apply for Co-Sponsorship
Co-sponsorship applications are submitted via an online application portal. Please review all application instructions on this page prior to clicking through to the portal, as you will not be able to save an incomplete application. All documents must be submitted as PDFs.
In the application portal:
- Official Contact Information section: Please complete the fields marked with an asterisk.
- Academic Information section: Please complete all fields, indicating your academic department in the "Major Field" space.
- List of References section: Faculty and Postdoctoral applicants DO NOT need to supply any references. Graduate student applicants must supply one reference who will need to submit a letter of support. Graduate student applicants will enter their recommender's name and email address in the portal. Under "This Reference Is," please select "Other." Recommenders will automatically be sent a request for the letter of support upon submission of your application. The letter will be due two days after the application deadline.
- Application Documents section: Please upload two separate pdfs, one under Cover Letter and the other under Additional Materials. These two pdfs should include the following materials:
- Cover Letter (2 page maximum): Please provide a cover letter that contains a list of event conveners, a description of the event or program, the anticipated size of audience/participants, and an assessment of the event's impact on the humanities. The cover letter should also include the date/s of the program, a list of speakers and their bios, if applicable, and any other relevant information.
- Additional Materials (1 page maximum): Please provide a complete breakdown of your proposed budget, including the amount of funding requested from the Kaplan Institute as well as other confirmed/projected funds from other departments/programs. Please note: the Kaplan Institute for the Humanities will ordinarily contribute a maximum of 25% of any program or event's total budget.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to top