Apply for an Institute Fellowship
APPLICATION DEADLINE: the 2018 application deadline has passed
Online Application Instructions
1. Please prepare PDF files and determine two references (for a description of what files are needed, see below). Only then should you proceed to the Online Application Portal. All required fields must be filled in before you click on the "Submit Application" button. The system will not accept incomplete applications.
2. In the application portal, please complete official contact information and academic information sections.
List of References Section
3. You will list two external referees, along with their email addresses. After you submit your complete online application, your references will automatically be emailed instructions for uploading a letter of recommendation. NOTE: If you are using a professional placement or dossier service (e.g., interfolio) to submit any or all recommendations, please use the service's address instead of your referee's address in the appropriate space.
Application Documents Section
4. Please upload the following application documents (PDFs) in the application portal. No document may exceed 1M in size. File names should not contain parentheses, quotation marks, or other such characters:
- Cover letter that specifies whether you seek a full-year fellowship or a teaching reduction and that lists other fellowships for which you will be applying. Please include the approximate date when the awards will be announced.
- Research Statement: Upload a one-paragraph abstract of your research project.
- Research Proposal: A five-page double-spaced (maximum) description of your project, which will be considered by scholars from a range of humanities disciplines. Please write your proposal with non-specialists in mind.
- Curriculum vitae of no more than four pages.
5. To indicate the approval of your Department Chair (and Dean, when applicable), please forward your email correspondence signaling the approval, or request the Chair/Dean to email their approval directly, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Tom Burke at email@example.com
Fellowship award decisions will be made in March 2018. Please let the Institute know immediately if you receive an award from another source.Back to top